Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mike Problem Mike Victim

I found this song quite interesting; especially the whole man in the mirror concept. I think the man in the mirror is obviously him. He has essentially decided "to be the change that he wants to see in the world." What I find particularly interesting is that he is possibly the man in the mirror in two ways. I believe that his decision to change is heavily influenced by the fact that when he sees himself, he is also seeing himself as  "The kids in the street / With not enough to eat" for example. The difficulty that he experienced growing up (tough treatment from his father and being a lonely child for example) I think makes him more capable of relating to those who suffer. So, he is the victim and the problem at the same time. 

No comments: