Sunday, March 16, 2008

Common Sense (Painful Case)

I agree with Jeremy’s and Joel’s sentiments on the relationships between men and women and the possibility that they can be friends without a strong need for the relationship to be sexual. I found Joyce’s comments within the story on this matter to be a bit strange, “Love between man and man is impossible because there must not be sexual intercourse and friendship between man and woman is impossible because there must be sexual intercourse” (P.94) It is perfectly logical for sex to not be a driving factor in creating a long lasting relationship and friendship, no matter what the gender circumstances may be. That’s just common freaking sense. Unless one of the two in the relationship is a sex-aholic, in that case you might have a problem. I’m telling you, the more I read these authors thoughts on life, the universe and everything; it makes me very happy to have not lived back in their day and age, for the sake of sanity.

No comments: